Recruitment Privacy Notice
The information which you supply to us will be used to complete your job application with the Royal Borough of Greenwich. For more details information, please go to the HR Privacy Notice.
The purposes for which we are processing, or will process, your personal information is to:
- manage the recruitment process and assess your suitability for employment or engagement
- decide to whom to offer a job
- comply with statutory and/or regulatory requirements and obligations, e.g. checking your right to work in the UK
- comply with the duty to make reasonable adjustments for disabled job applicants and with other disability discrimination obligations
- ensure compliance with your statutory rights
- ensure effective HR, personnel management and business administration
- monitor equal opportunities.
The categories of the information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name and address)
- characteristics (such as ethnicity and health information)
HR Professional Services will collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by previous employers, information from employment background checks and information from criminal records checks (for applicable posts). We will seek information from third parties if a job offer to you has been made and send reference request to third parties prior to interview if the post you have applied for is a Safer Recruitment role.
Your personal data may be shared with:
- HR Professional Services staff in order to complete the recruitment process; undertake pre-employment checks and for monitoring purposes etc.
- Recruiting Managers in the department which is advertising the vacancy in order make a decision regarding your recruitment to the authority
- Departments within the Finance Directorate and the Council as a whole in order to complete certain procedures (e.g. checking of outstanding debts to the authority, Anti-Fraud checks etc.)
- Other local authorities and organisations (HR departments and other services as appropriate)
- Third-party organisations, as allowed by law, who provide the authorities e-recruitment and Human Resource Management and Payroll system.
This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided in your application within this authority for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies administering public funds solely for these purposes.
We reserve the right to withdraw an offer of employment should any of these checks be deemed to be unsatisfactory.
We will, at times, advertise on behalf of third parties including schools within Royal Borough of Greenwich and charities. However, we do not receive applications on their behalf.
We will use your personal data in order to support the delivery and improvement of Royal Greenwich’s recruitment services. For example, we may use information about your use of the site for site performance, site use evaluation and candidate reporting. Personal data collected by monitoring and reporting will be anonymised. No personal or sensitive data will be used other than for the purpose for which it was originally obtained.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to the information about you that we hold. You also have the right to:
- object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection OfficerRoyal Borough Greenwich
35 Wellington Street
Access and Storage
Your personal information will be held in line with our Document Retention Policy. If your application is unsuccessful, your personal information will be held by HR Professional Services for 1 year. This is to enable us to contact you in the future in the event that you are a successfully appointable reserve candidate.
The recruitment system will automatically send a reminder to your registered e-mail address asking whether or not you would like to close your account with us after 1 year. Should you decide to close your account; all your information, including your account, will be deleted. This also applies if you opt to be in any of our talent banks. Applicants can also delete their accounts at any time through their front end account page. To do this, please log-in into your account, select “Delete my account” from the “My Account Options” menu bar and enter your password to delete your account.
I understand that providing misleading or false information/qualifications will disqualify me from appointment or if appointed, may lead to disciplinary action and dismissal.
By choosing to click on the “Register” button, below, you confirm that you understand the terms of the privacy statement and how we will use your data.