- Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Salary Details
- £47731 - £47731
- Additional Allowances
- • The base salary for this role is £40,869, offers made above this will be made up with a pay allowance and shift incentive. • AMHP Pay allowance - £1,986 • 12.5% Shift incentive - £4,876 • Total - £47,731 p.a (applicable to Centralised AMPH Team only)
- Location Postcode
- SE18 3RG
- Job Term and Hours per Week
- Permanent; 35 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 09 January 2022
Join our forward-thinking approach
Strength in people. Strength in communities. Strength in diversity.
Centralised Approved Mental Health Professional Team
Approved Mental Health Professional
Passionate about delivering high-quality, Adult Mental Health services?
Want to work in an innovative learning organisation?
With excellent training and great benefits, Royal Greenwich is the ideal place to progress your career.
At Royal Greenwich, we support our AMHPs to ensure they have the resources and environment they need to make a real difference. We are keen to appoint enthusiastic and experienced AMHPs who share our vision in the development of a centre of excellence for AMHP work. Opportunities are available for Approved Mental Health Professionals to work within our dedicated 24 hour Centralised AMHP Team.
The Centralised AMHP team provides a single point of referral for all requests for Mental Health Act assessment across the borough. This unique model offers the opportunity to apply your social work/ Professional skills, values and specialist knowledge in the context of working with complex ethical and legislative processes.
You must be able to work flexible hours, which includes providing out of hour’s standby and call out cover on a rota basis. The ability to drive and to have your own transport is required due to the nature of the work.
All posts require the post-holder to act as an AMHP on behalf of the Royal Borough of Greenwich, undertaking Mental Health Act work as well as providing consultation, support and assistance to the wider multi-disciplinary teams.
What we look for:
The applicant must be able to work autonomously and have extensive experience of working with individuals, carers and families within a crisis intervention model of care. The post holder will be expected to deliver a range of assessment and care interventions which will promote mental health well-being and social inclusion wherever possible.
To support you in your AMHP role you will receive:
- Access to a manager who is AMHP qualified 24/7
- 1 to 1 reflective AMHP post assessment supervision
- Access to Royal Greenwich AMHP Forums, for peer group discussion & intervention
- An AMHP mentor to provide additional support in your first year of employment
- 18 hours (3 days) of AMHP approval training in each year
- A structured induction to Greenwich AMHP service
- A welcome meeting with the Head of Social Care to discuss your continued development as an AMHP professional
- Access to our Mental Health Social Worker/Lead AMHP to support and develop your social work practice
- Access to protected time each year to work on your professional portfolio (Social Work England registration)
- Up to 2 days in each 5 year period to complete your AMHP re-approval portfolio
- Opportunity to be involved in the practice education of social workers and AMHPs undertaking professional training
- Access to the Royal Borough of Greenwich training programmes and reflective workshops
For these roles you must hold:
- A registered Professional/Social Work qualification.
- A cuurent Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) qualification
- Registration with Social Work England or other Professional registering body.
- This role will require an Enhanced DBS check
If you want to be part of this forward-thinking service and can help us to achieve our vision, please apply now.
This advert must be read in conjunction with the Job Description, Job Specification and the Job/Service Profile.
For an informal discussion about these opportunities, please contact
- Deborah Corrodus Deborah.Corrodus@nhs.net (Lead Social Worker - Mental Health) 0203 927 6293 / 0208 836 8504
- Harold Bright (AMHP Team Manager) 0208 836 8609 / 0208 836 8610
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Lorna Lee; email@example.com 0208 836 8553If you require any assistance in viewing or accessing this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-8921-8977
Safer recruitment: Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any roles which involve working with children, young people or vulnerable adults, or roles in which the duties will involve access to sensitive information relating to children, young people or vulnerable adults, the Royal Borough will take up references prior to interview. You should provide details of referees including your current and previous employers, covering the last 5 years. Candidates can request for us not to send a reference request to their current employer prior to interview by emailing us at email@example.com. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy, a full employment history is also required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment. Unless otherwise stated, a Basic DBS check will be undertaken as part of the pre-employment checks for successful candidates.
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
DBS: This role requires an Enhanced DBS. (This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act,1974).
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated.
Full Employment History: A full employment history is required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment.
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.
Full Covid Vaccine: Legislation has been passed making it a legal requirement for people undertaking certain roles to have a full Covid vaccine. Royal Greenwich is in the process of compiling a full list of roles that will require a vaccine so this can be applied across the board. This post has been identified as falling in scope of the new mandatory vaccination requirement. Candidates will be asked to confirm their vaccination status at interview using the NHS Covid Pass or provide an update on their plans for full vaccination. If you have a medical exemption you will also be able to obtain the NHS Covid Pass. The pass won’t show others that you have a medical exemption, just that you have the NHS Covid Pass.
As part of the pre-employment checks for this role, successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of their full Covid vaccination. You can obtain this through the NHS covid pass letter or the NHS Covid Pass. Please note proof of your Covid pass must show your full details such as your full name, date of birth and full vaccine details. Please see the 'Government Website for further information of this if needed.