- Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Salary details
- £32628 - £35286
- Additional Allowances
- Job term
- Hours per week
- 35 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 20 November 2017
Royal Borough of Greenwich
Children’s Services – Inclusion Learning and Achievement Division
Governor Officer/ Clerk
Grade: Scale PO2
Salary: £32,628 - £35,286
Employment Term: permanent
Contract: 35 hours per week
What we’ll expect from you:
We are looking an experienced clerk to work within a well -established team as part of the Local Authority School Improvement Service.
The main duties of the post comprise:
- Advising School Governing Boards on all matters relating to governance
- Undertaking the principal duties of a clerk with a designated number of schools
- Clerking meetings
- Providing legislative guidance and advice on Governors’ roles and responsibilities, regarding grievance, disciplinary and exclusions
If you have the following skills and experience we would like to hear from you:
- Proven track record of successfully clerking governing bodies, managing work load and meeting rigorous deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to influence and inspire confidence
- The ability to work flexibly as part of an established team and to work using your own initiative
You should be prepared to travel to schools and other organisations within/outside the Borough and attend meetings/events wider afield on occasions. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
This role requires a standard DBS.
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated