- Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Salary Details
- £39867 - £42855
- Additional Allowances
- • The base salary for this role is £37,722 - £40,869, offers made above this will be made up with a AMHP pay allowance • Total - £39,867 - £42,855 p.a
- Location Postcode
- SE18 3RG
- Job Term and Hours per Week
- Permanent; 35 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 30 June 2021
Join our forward-thinking approach
Strength in people. Strength in communities. Strength in diversity.
Primary Care Plus (PCP) Team
Anxiety, Depression, Personality Disorder & Trauma (ADAPT) Team
Intensive Case Management in Psychosis (ICMP) Team
Level 2 Social Worker/Approved Mental Health Professional
Passionate about delivering high-quality, Adult Mental Health services?
Want to work in an innovative learning organisation?
With excellent training and great benefits, Royal Greenwich is the ideal place to progress your career.
At Royal Greenwich, we support our Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) / Social Workers to ensure they have the resources and environment they need to make a real difference. We are keen to appoint enthusiastic and experienced AMHPs who share our vision in the development of a centre of excellence for AMHP work. Opportunities are available for Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) Social Workers within our dedicated:
- Primary Care Plus Team
- Anxiety, Depression, Personality Disorder & Trauma Team
- Intensive Case Management in Psychosis Team
The Primary Care Plus Team provides a direct link between primary and secondary care services and focuses on tele-triage, providing direct advice and support of GPs and directing service users to the pathway that will specifically meet their needs. This service has four core aims.
- Assessment & referrals management
- Relapse prevention and shared care
- Health promotion
- Education, training & consultation
The Anxiety, Depression, Personality Disorder & Trauma Team offers a flexible service to individuals presenting with complex needs (excluding Psychosis or Bi-polar disorder) that currently require secondary mental health care. Referrals to ADAPT may come from PCP via triage, from the Inpatient Wards, Crisis teams, Early Intervention in Psychosis teams (following clarification of diagnosis), Forensic services or as a result of out of area transfers.
The Intensive Case Management in Psychosis Team East team provides a flexible service to all adults within the psychosis clusters who currently require secondary community mental health care in the locality. The service aims to be flexible, accessible and to offer individuals choice and involvement regarding their treatment, actively encouraging their participation in the planning and implementation of their care.
We are looking for applicants with experience of working with service users with severe and enduring mental health issues.
All posts require the post-holder to act as an AMHP on behalf of the Royal Borough of Greenwich, undertaking Mental Health Act work as well as providing consultation, support and assistance to the wider multi-disciplinary teams.
What we look for:
The applicant will be expected to be able to work autonomously with individuals, carers and families to deliver a range of assessment and care interventions that promote mental health well-being and social inclusion.
To support you in your AMHP role you will receive:
- Access to a manager who is AMHP qualified 24/7
- 1 to 1 reflective AMHP post assessment supervision
- Access to Royal Greenwich AMHP Forums, for peer group discussion & supervision
- An AMHP mentor to provide additional support in your first year of employment
- 18 hours (3 days) of AMHP approval training in each year
- A structured induction to Greenwich AMHP service
- A welcome meeting with the Head of Social Care to discuss your continued development as an AMHP professional
- Access to our Mental Health Lead Social Worker to support and develop your social work practice
- Access to protected time to undertake the requirements for your Social Work England registration
- Up to 2 days in each 5 year period to complete your AMHP re-approval portfolio
- Opportunity to be involved in the practice education of social workers and AMHPs undertaking professional training
- Access to the Royal Borough of Greenwich training programmes and reflective workshops
For these roles you must hold:
- A registered professional social work qualification.
- A current approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) qualification
- Registration with Social Work England or/professional registering body.
- This role will require an Enhanced DBS check
If you want to be part of this forward-thinking service and can help us to achieve our vision, please apply now.
This advert must be read in conjunction with the Job Description, Job Specification and the Job/Service Profile.
For an informal discussion about these opportunities, please contact Deborah Corrodus Deborah.Corrodus@nhs.net (Lead Social Worker - Mental Health) 0203 927 6293 / 0208 836 8504
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Lorna Lee; email@example.com 0208 836 8553If you require any assistance in viewing or accessing this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-8921-8977
Safer recruitment: Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any roles which involve working with children, young people or vulnerable adults, or roles in which the duties will involve access to sensitive information relating to children, young people or vulnerable adults, the Royal Borough will take up references prior to interview. You should provide details of referees including your current and previous employers, covering the last 5 years. Candidates can request for us not to send a reference request to their current employer prior to interview by emailing us at email@example.com. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy, a full employment history is also required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment. Unless otherwise stated, a Basic DBS check will be undertaken as part of the pre-employment checks for successful candidates.
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
DBS: This role requires an Enhanced DBS. (This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act,1974)
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
Full Employment History: A full employment history is required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment.
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.