- Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Salary details
- £31170 - £38229
- Additional Allowances
- AMHP Honorariam if practicing AMHP
- Job term
- Hours per week
- 35 per week
- Closing Date
- 26 July 2017
Mental Health East Locality Team
Social Worker/Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP)
Newly Qualified (£31,170); Level 1 (£32,628 - £35,286) or Level 2 Social Worker (£35,286 - £38,229)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of our Mental Health Locality Team in an exciting area of Charlton, London. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled social worker to join our busy team. We are looking for applicants with experience in a health or social care setting.
This opportunity will enable you to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver support and a range of assessment and evidence based interventions. In this role you will be managing a case load which will include complex need and risk as well as delivering a crisis intervention model of care within a social care perspective.
To be considered for this post you must hold the AMHP qualification or be willing to train and to undertake AMHP duties on behalf of Royal Greenwich. In preparation for this aspect of your role you will be inducted on the Greenwich AMHP pathway and will be based with the boroughs centralised AMHP team 2 days each month, where you will observe and participate in AMHP duties.
If you are interested in working with service users who experience mental ill health, and would like to develop your knowledge, skills and expertise in mental health social work then please apply.
In return for your commitment you will receive the following
- Mentoring and support as part of the Greenwich ASYE programme
- Regular reflective professional supervision, with a registered social worker
- Training and support as part of your continuing professional development plan
- Access to professional social work and AMHP forums for peer group discussion reflection and support
- The opportunity to develop expertise and a consultancy role in other areas of social work such as; Practice Education, Safeguarding and Best Interest Assessor
- An honorarium for undertaking AMHP work on behalf of Royal Greenwich.
- Opportunities to progress along the professional social work scale
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing organisation which is highly rated for staff satisfaction. The Trust commits itself to promoting Equality & Diversity, ensuring that all users and providers of its services are not discriminated against and are treated according to their needs.
For this role you must:
- Hold a professional social work qualification and up to date registration with the Health Care Professional Council (HCPC).
- Be willing to undertake the Greenwich AMHP Preparation and Readiness Pathway, with a view to future AMHP training and to act as an AMHP for Royal Greenwich.
As part of our safer recruitment policy if you are short listed we will request references from your last five years in employment including your current employer.
Closing date for applications: 26th July 2017
This advert must be read in conjunction with the Job: Description, Job Specification and Service Profile. If you would like more information about this role, please contact Team Managers:
Deborah Corrodus, at: Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org or
Eben Ofe-Boakye at: Eben.Ofe-Boakye@nhs.net (Telephone number 0208 2694110).
Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any roles which involve working with children, young people or vulnerable adults, or roles in which the duties will involve access to sensitive information relating to children, young people or vulnerable adults, the Royal Borough will take up references prior to interview. You should provide details of referees including your current and previous employers, covering the last 5 years.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
This role requires an Enhanced DBS
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
A full employment history is required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment.