- Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Salary Details
- £29241 - £38994
- Additional Allowances
- Initial 10% golden hello, which transfers to a 10% Annual Retention payment. Social workers in Assessment and MASH teams also receive additional enhancements payment
- Location Postcode
- SE18 6HQ
- Job Term and Hours per Week
- Permanent; 35
- Closing Date
- 02 January 2019
Children Services Social Work - Safeguarding Service (including MASH team) and Looked After Children/Leaving Care within the Permanence Service (Looked After Children)
Please clearly indicate the service which you are applying for.
2 vacancies currently available in People's Teams (14+ years) which includes care leavers
Salary details : £29,241 - £38,994
At the Royal Borough of Greenwich we believe children should enjoy their childhoods, and we’re determined to apply child-centred best practice in everything that we do.
We now need talented, motivated and experienced social workers to join our Children Services Directorate. We have opportunities within our Safeguarding and Permanence Services, including our MASH team (Multi- Agency and Safeguarding Hub).
We’re based in open plan offices with supportive and approachable leadership who share a broad range of in-depth experience. You’ll manage your own caseload and work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, working in partnership with parents/carers, and other professionals and organisations.
We were awarded Council of the Year 2013, received a good grading from Ofsted following our inspection in May/June 2016 and our social workers enjoy a comprehensive package of benefits, and the commitment and support you need to flourish and develop your career.
What we look for:
To work in the Safeguarding and Permanence services, you’ll need to demonstrate an interest in working with children and their families, and show us that you can manage the support they need to achieve better outcomes. We’ll expect you to be enthusiastic about child development and multi-agency partnerships, and it’s essential that you are a HCPC registered social worker.
All applicants should be a competent computer user, able to produce formal reports and case notes, and also know and understand:
- Social Work theory and practice in relation to children and young people
- The Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation and guidance, including the Assessment Framework
- Child development, and best practice in relation to children and young people
- Court processes in relation to children’s wellbeing and safety
- This role requires an Enhanced DBS Check
Our generous benefits package includes:
- 10% Golden Hello
- Rota days equating to an additional 10 days off per year
- Minimum 10% Annual Retention payment, plus enhancements for Assessment Teams
- Travel costs worth £1k+, OR Essential car user car parking (close to the workplace)
- Social Worker career progression scheme, and support from a Professional Educator
- Ongoing professional development, including a minimum 50 hours protected professional development each year
- Royal Greenwich Keyworker housing (after being employed for six months, subject to application and meeting criteria)
- Excellent pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers and Personal Computer Incentive Scheme
- GreenwichCard entitling you to discounts at local businesses.
- Good range of support for NQSWs including from a Professional Educator
- Small teams allowing more direct support and supervision time from your Team Leader.
This is your chance to positively transform the lives of children and families.
Make a difference to your future, and ours. Apply today.
When completing your application please indicate your areas of experience within social care and explain how these meet the requirements for this role.
27.11.2018, 11.12.2018, 08.01.2019, 22.01.2019, 05.02.2019
Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any roles which involve working with children, young people or vulnerable adults, or roles in which the duties will involve access to sensitive information relating to children, young people or vulnerable adults, the Royal Borough will take up references prior to interview. You should provide details of referees including your current and previous employers, covering the last 5 years.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
This role requires an Enhanced DBS.
A full employment history is required for this role. Please provide a full employment history, together with a satisfactory written explanation of any gaps in employment.
Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application.