- Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Salary Details
- £35991 - £38994
- Additional Allowances
- Location Postcode
- SE18 6HQ
- Job Term and Hours per Week
- Permanent; 35
- Closing Date
- 31 October 2018
We are seeking an Assistant Housing Lawyer to join our busy team dealing with a varied caseload and providing legal advice, support and representation to the Council
The main work includes:-
- Advising and providing legal representation to Tenancy and Housing Income Officers
- Managing a varied caseload of possession proceedings, rent arrears and debt related matters.
- Attending the County Court and Magistrates Court as the Council’s representative
- Attending the County Court and Magistrates Court as the advocate on behalf of the council
The successful candidate must be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister, Chartered Legal Executive or graduate able to demonstrate extensive advocacy experience and knowledge and experience of all aspects of Housing and Litigation.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated