- Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Salary Details
- £35991 - £38994
- Additional Allowances
- Location Postcode
- SE18 6HQ
- Job Term and Hours per Week
- Permanent; 35 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 25 February 2019
We are looking a fantastic new road safety expert to lead our high performing and innovative Road Safety Team.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich is committed to an ambitious vision for transport: an attractive, accessible, healthy and sustainable transport network. This will help make Royal Greenwich a brilliant place to live, work and play – opening up the great opportunities it offers to all of its residents. Making our roads safer, particularly for walking and cycling, is a key part of making that vision reality. We are committed to ‘Vision Zero’ - eliminating all deaths and serious injuries from road collisions.
The Royal Borough has a great record for improving road safety: reducing KSI collisions by 58% in 2016, compared to the 2005-2009 average. We need a skilled, experienced and enthusiastic team member, to build on this success and meet our ambitious targets.
You will be at the centre of the Royal Borough’s efforts to make its roads safer. You will be responsible for shaping our Road Safety Plan and the measures that deliver it. This includes:
- Managing the team responsible for our - award winning - programme of innovative behavioural change measures.
- Acting as sponsor for the Royal Borough’s local safety schemes programme.
- Overseeing the excellent School Crossing Patrol service.
- Representing the Royal Borough at London-wide and national bodies.
We are looking for someone experienced in:
- Developing strategies for road casualty reduction, and overseeing / sponsoring their implementation.
- Leading a diverse team, with a wide range of roles and work styles.
- Providing up-to-date expert advice on a broad range road safety issues.
- Analysing complex data and communicating your conclusions to different audiences (in writing and in person).
- Managing performance and expenditure.
- Preparing successful bids for external funding.
The job description and person specification for the role are attached.
To discuss the role or ask any other questions please contact Ryan Bunce, Transport Strategy Manager (0208 921 8023).
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
This role requires an Enhanced DBS.
All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
This opportunity has recently been advertised as an opportunity for current RBG employees (internal only advertising). Applications received during the internal advertising period have been considered and processed. If you were interviewed for this position via an application to this job advertisement during the internal advertising period, any further application will not be shortlisted.
Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application.