- Salary Details
- £29271 - £34986
- Additional Allowances
- Location Postcode
- SE18 4LH
- Job Term and Hours per Week
- Permanent; 36
- Closing Date
- 26 February 2020
- For more details of this job, please contact
The Ark Greenwich Free School are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, organised and enthusiastic Premises Manager to join a school dedicated to providing the best learning environment for the school community.
Ark Greenwich Free School
Described as “among the highest performing schools in the country” (Evening Standard), Ark Greenwich Free School exists to empower young people, regardless of socio-economic background, to grow and be successful. We provide the very best all-round education and nurture a range of talents and skills including through our successful performing and expressive arts programme. Our pupils possess huge musical potential and we are eagerly anticipating the right candidate to unlock this and bring music to the forefront of our school. We are proud of our highly respectful and disciplined community and of the outstanding academic outcomes achieved by our pupils. Expectations for all members of our community are unashamedly sky high. This is an ambitious and forward-thinking school that encourages innovation and values its staff. We work tirelessly to impact the lives of the young people we serve.
How is Ark Greenwich different to other schools?
- We are part of the Ark family of schools and benefit accordingly from outstanding networking and career opportunities and first-class CPD.
- Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning and have a 6pm/weekend work related communication curfew to ensure our staff can maintain an effective work/life balance.
- This is a small school model (600 students aged 11-16) because we believe that our close-knit community provides the optimum conditions for success.
- Behaviour for learning is exceptional so our teachers can focus their time on the things that matter – planning and delivering brilliant lessons for our students.
- We have 60 mins of high quality staff training every week and run coaching for staff.
- Our students enjoy a compulsory co-curricular program on a Wednesday afternoon which includes a strong focus on community volunteering and we facilitate 12 drop down days per academic year ensuring our students benefit from a range of life enriching experiences which all staff are involved in.
- This is a strict no excuses, no mobile phone school.
About Ark Schools
Ark is a network of high-achieving, non-selective schools and one of the country’s top-performing academy groups. We run 38 academies in London, Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth educating more than 20,000 pupils. 83% of Ark academies are now rated as good or outstanding by Ofsted.
Our aim is to create outstanding schools that give every pupil, regardless of their background, the opportunity to go to university or pursue the career of their choice.
This role will contribute to developing Ark Greenwich Free School into an outstanding secondary school by providing a comprehensive range of Premises and Facilities management support. As Premises Manager, you will lead the team responsible for ensuring the Academy is a safe, inviting and positive learning environment for students, staff and visitors. You will also guide the school to run as efficiently as possible following good sustainable principles.
You will be responsible for the management and operation of premises-related functions at the academy including buildings and grounds maintenance, security, cleaning, health and safety, the letting of our facilities and contractors.
The post-holder is required to contribute to high standards and support the overall vision, aims and ethos of the school.
To find out more about Ark Greenwich Free School, please visit our website via www.arkgreenwichfreeschool.org
To view and apply for the job, click https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/premises-manager-greenwich-1294436
Ark value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other